Saturday, January 13, 2007

L's World: Tragedy Always Strikes Twice

In actual fact my driving is going fantastically well. I think anyway. Nevermind the occasional gasps of my passengers when I change lanes without REALLY looking behind me. On 28 December 2006 I officially passed the six month, mark of retaining an L's plate, and can formally attempt for my Ps.

Things went pear shaped with the 1973 VW Beetle I was suppose to purchase from Brother-Out-Law, and I have decided that the best way to rush this P thing through is to go for it in automatic. Anyway Templeton has been taking me out in his auto quite a lot just whenever we go out, and I have been doing up to 110kph and finding most maneouver a lot easier than before, um, except for parking.

Upon returning from NZ, I took the auto out again and during a long parking practice session in a small carpark on Tuesday. After not having enough airing by being on the road with proper speed, the poor old thing over heated (in disgust). Smoke was coming out and Templeton and I had to flee the car (in a blockbuster movie kinda manner) just in case it really blows up. It proceeded to gush disparingly and spew green absenth colour liquid from the bottom. End of Auto.

This morning I was meant to have my first lesson in the auto with a registered instructor so I could get my fricking Ps out the way. Unfortunately her car broke down as well due to overheating (las september same company's manual instructor's one also broke down and I got a replacement one in the form of the most patronising wanker I know). Fan-bloody-tastic. Though the local rag did report yesterday being the 3rd hottest day in January recorded in Canberra, apparently 40.2 c at around 3pm. Sheesh. The poor cat has his belly against the floor and all fours spread like a frog, and not meowed since 11am.

p.s. Templeton's trusty machenic fixed his auto but it is now in Queensland with his parents. Still no Ps.

3 comments:

anne altman said...

you can do it!!!!

Anonymous said...

cheering for you P.

Anonymous said...

P Ps ganbatte ne