Saturday, April 07, 2007

< < Leaving on a Rocket ~~<~<<


The cake from the party mentioned in the email below;
debrief report waived on grounds of poor health


..............

28/3/07

Dear Canberra Crew

I am saddened to let you know that I am leaving town possibly for good in a few weeks time (flying out 11 April). My four year dip here has been fun, exciting, educational, fulfilling and most of all, given me the chance to meet you lot - a fabulous variety of fascinating, intelligent, inspiring & beautiful people. I will take your friendship and fond memories with me where ever I go. And I will now always love straight roads, straight trees, and pretty September flowers planted in the patterns of flags belonging to countries which don’t recognise Taiwan .

But as a travelling showperson I must push on in my journey to infect the world with crass jokes and cheap alcohol – London , Casablanca , and Bangladesh are on the hit list. (BTW [you know who]'s arrived in Bangladesh and on his behalf - "Hi everyone!") When I fix my blog I’ll send it to you on request or you can keep in touch with me here. Please do update me on how much you loved booting Libs out of the office and watching Hicks get off the plane.

To say good bye and also to celebrate turning 13 ½ for the second time, I’d like to invite you to an environmentally friendly ROCKETAIL** PARTY this coming Saturday- we are doing Earth Hour http://earthhour.smh.com.au/ for the entire evening so please wear your cycle vests and nothing that's likely to catch on fire.

Saturday 31 March 2007 - 7.30pm till late
[You Know Where]
BYO all alcohol in your parents’ cabinet
RSVP not required
** rocketail = rocketfuel drunken in style accompanied by bit of Gore-met.

Hope to see you all then!
FB

No comments: