Monday, April 27, 2009

Hell's Kitchen East Berlin













Not long after my arrival I found myself on the cooking roster (SUNDAYS) of the NGO teahouse (ie. 'legal' squat) in Fredrichshain. One of my camp colleagues started the project and I came to one of their crazy parties in March. While some kids still live here, most of the gang here are travellers, students or artists that just need space to drink cheap tea and talk in the shade.

My budget is 10 Euros and I am feeding 25. Tonight it is my signature Thai Green Curry, but minus the babycorn, minus the bamboo, minus the strawmushrooms, minus the Thai basil, minus the tofu, minus the fish sauce (its gotta be vegan, naturally...) but full of the more than ever WaWa love and bits and pieces of donated unnamable vegetables. The revellers just kept popping through and I ended up having to make three batches. I did struggle a little with consistency, but I am sure it will get better as the Sundays go by. This better be my bridge to Celebrity Masterchef Stardom. Watch das space!

No comments: