Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Honey, I Blew Up The Rice Cooker

In the middle of cooking power-rice, it seems as though the 20 something rice cooker has given up on me. The bottom steel heat rim had been slightly dented and I had promptly ignored it and continued abusing my previledge of owning the rice cooker worth five dollars at the tzu-chi op-shop two years ago. The dented rim was not distributing heat properly and as time went by it was slowly burning through the bottom of the rice container. Today it managed to burn through the cooker metal, letting water seap through into the rim and the rest of the 'machine', causing a reaction between water and electricity, and eventually an explosion in the middle of my kitchen. As it died it sapped out some pussy black tears. In death, as it was in life, it was a machine with an unspeakable power I secretly feared but got such pleasure out of.

No comments: