Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Story of Berlin- An(other) Epilogue

To Part I & II
To Part III
To Part IV
..................................

It is now time to go back to my brilliant book to begin that next chapter, with or without those missing pages I ripped out in Berlin. This time I have no regrets, because life has its unexpected turns.

Fate sat next to the stretch of crumbling wall, which kept on getting repainted and resealed. At the house boat, where everything in Berlin begins and ends, I found the man I thought I had once, twice, three times or more lost. It was when I kissed him and he put his arms around me that I realised it was not a picture in a frame or a make-belief story on a blog. It was warm, soft, alive and real. He wore a piece of mended jewelry around his neck, and I recognised what had flown half way cross the world, dug up from the bottom of the garden I had tried hard to forget. His heart bled into mine, and the two of them were beating together - floating above water, inside a porthole. Once, twice, three times or more broken; once twice, three times or more wanting to be whole again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.