Saturday, January 07, 2006

My Last Sunset

The lady at the noodle soup shop insisted that I look at the sunset tonight. It was just beautiful - a dark orange that sank into a red that melted into the busy streets of Saigon. I watched it and thought about how much I have learnt, how much I have given and taken, and how much I just love being alive. The Sunset gave in to the street lights and it was just me on a cyclo roaming into town.

Like all photos on this trip, the picture just does not do it justice.

Met a brit guy and a german girl today at the Cu Chi trip so we are having a few drinks tonight.
And here I am at 12.09am on a break from my beers blogging with more Vietnamese kareoke balsting out in the background and motobikes zooming by. I am sitting at the front of the bar exactly opposite my guest house and they have rolled on the iron bar doors about 1 hr ago - i am a bit worried that i won't get in - hello! no one mentioned a curfew to me!!

Ahh. Can't believe its the end, but I am so glad I'm coming home. I miss my family in Taipei so much and there's even more in Australia that I am missing.

I am just so glad that its ending the way that it should - happy, comfortable, complete.

No comments: