Thursday, January 12, 2006

Not Excited About Pandas, either.

To my surprise I have very little interest in Taiwanese politics at the moment, except for yelling at a few particularly insatiable politicians when they turn up on the telly.

I told you I was in a vegetating state. I arrived in Taiwan between President Chen making a full on speech on New Years Day re "China is for real, lets buy more missiles to get back at them" and the pending decision on the naming of these pandas that the Chinese want to give to Taiwan. If I had enough energy I'd say, fuck pandas, even if I was five. But I don't. (What's in a name? Just read the Chinese version of the story. Fuck Pandas.)

But I did find a cool picture of my Dad at the anti-sucession law protest he went to last time he was back visiting Grandpa. Go Dad.