Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Its About Bloody Time...

If I were an Australian I would vote for a government that doesn’t lie

If I were an Australian I would vote for a government that can’t get away with lying

If I were an Australian I would vote for a government that listens to public opinion

If I were an Australian I would vote for a government that won’t just lip service climate change and actually gives a shit about investing in renewable energy

If I were an Australian I would vote for a government that won’t lie about nuclear energy – hello – who in the right mind would think that’s a) safe b) sustainable c) not a propaganda to cover up dodgy sells to rogue states developing nuclear weapons

If I were an Australian I would vote for a government that isn’t morally bigoted

If I were an Australian I would vote for a government that hasn’t got fundamental religious freaks in cabinet

If I were an Australian I would vote for a government that will say SORRY to indigenous Australians – and mean it – and committed to better their lives

If I were an Australian I would vote for a government that represents the majority not the few

If I were an Australian I would vote for an intelligent conversation about real issues that affect our future generations and not about shallow things like interest rates and ear wax

If I were an Australian I would vote for vision, responsibility, tolerance, harmony, justice

If I were an Australian I think my only choice this year is to vote for a Labor win and the Greens to hold balance of power in the Senate

So if I were an Australian I would vote. Not only would I vote but I would vote for change

COS ITS ABOUT BLOODY TIME!


1 comment:

WaWa said...

How kick arse is this guy?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/12/03/2108345.htm

Never thought much of him to start with when he took over Labor leadership, to be honest, but he's proving to be someone with gumption. Lets see it all go through eh? Now its not just emission targets under Kyoto but phasing off econ dependency on coal trading; eco transport; a proper renewable energy game plan; and a country wide campaign for a lifestyle change in cutting down energy consumption... Eyes on you Kev!