Friday, July 27, 2007

Beer and Loading in Belgium

Who would give up a day in Paris to go to Belgium to buy beer and chocolate? Me, I guess. I had to use up my last travel day on my Eurail pass and though it is quite a huge mish to do this as a day trip, the temptation was too hard to resist. It turned out to be absolutely worth it, especially catching up with the beautiful northern European scenery and food that I couldn’t get enough of earlier in June.

Highlights include
  • Boiled egg stuffed with prawn slush served by a scary lady who wore bright blue eye liners
  • The Official Tin Tin shop
  • Walking around grogeous canals of the picturesque Brugge
  • Brussel’s classy shopping strips and stunningly beautiful Grand Place
  • The EU parliament was actually a bit dull, but it was cool bumping into a diplomat friend of mine who was my dancing partner in a wacky stage show from way back
  • This fantastic wheat beer that started with letter G… I knew I should have kept the label instead of madly stripping it off the bottle as a sure sign of sexual frustration.

No comments: