Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Venice is a Glass Mirror

Floating - a hundred million pairs of haunted eyes

Watching - an idyllic mindless playground

Glittering - sparkles of lives thats dashed by and flashed by like mine

Reflecting - is a mirorr made of glass under this bridge I stand - and I see a face beneath - could this be the one I was seeking but will never hold in these hands

Escaping - through my fingers like the water in this celestial canal and the sunlight through the leaves that climb the church wallsBreathing - a rush of blood to my head and I hear the tide

Rising - and clashing against the ancient marble stone face that has seen more than it should ever had

but Venice is for fools and merchants and I want to be neither so I am

Fleeing - like pidgeons into the sheltering sky and if I come

Crashing - finally through and break you and me into a thousand tiny pieces I want to be released and sent

Drifting - back to the clouds and repaired with silver threads of lightning












No comments: